Friday, March 8, 2013

Breaking Through the Ice

Hi friends!  It has been a few weeks since I blogged.  Today, I am trying to get back in the groove.  In my last posting I got political and I hate doing that.  Politics serves no good purpose and I really try to stay away from such debates.  I don't like to question the integrity of stupid unless it's due.

Nope, not today!  Today I am shaking off the tattered looks that discussions on politics leaves behind as a residue on our beings and I am opening the door to another discussion.

I am a writer!  More precisely, I am an author of two novels and am entertaining ideas for the third.  Writing is an art and like most writers, I've had to work hard at it.  The good thing about writing is that everything I put down on a digital piece of paper is subject to review before it is read by anyone.  If you were able to read my first draft of anything, that writing would expose me for the idiot that I am.  When I talk I do not have that protection and whatever I say is out there for all the world to wedgie me with.

Thank God that we now have computers.  The software helps me to preserve a measure of dignity by correcting errors or at least pointing them out to me so that I can make the needed improvements.  I remember the typing course I took way back in high school.  That was a chore!  We learned to type on worn out Underwood typewriters that no matter how hard you tried or how careful you were, the machine would mess it up for you and the teacher would always say it was my fault because the typewriter only types what I tell it to.  Oh, the mendacity!

I failed or almost failed many a test because of the evil Underwood.
thoise days are now in the past and typing hasn't goptten any easier fro me.  Oops!  I meant to type, those days are now in the past and typing hasn't gotten any easier for me.  The previous sentence is evidence of the mental damage that was created by the wicked manual machine.  I don't remember the location of all keys of the keyboard and if left up to the expertise of my fingers I often type badly misspelled words.  I have to watch my fingers do the typing.

Enough of that!  I am leaning towards a sequel to my latest, The Thorium Endeavor.  I left some things in the story unsettled specifically for this purpose.  I've not yet decided on whether to do the sequel now or later after I've seen how well received is the original story.

I could do a takeoff of Rescue of the Heart, too.  I've thought about Colleen and writing about her life after Jonas.


I don't know.  Tell me what you think.  Please leave your comments in the space below.

Thank you all for helping me to break through the ice and kick start my brain.  I must write now.  I will see you later.


If you have yet to read these two wonderful stories, I've provided links below to where you can get a copy for yourself.  They are available in paperback and in eBook at Amazon.com, B&N.com and on Smashwords.com




Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/Rescue-Heart-1-Joel-Wilson/dp/1477485783/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1362775963&sr=1-2&keywords=Rescue+of+the+Heart

http://www.amazon.com/Rescue-Heart-1-Joel-Wilson/dp/1477485783/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1362775963&sr=1-2&keywords=Rescue+of+the+Heart

B&N.com:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/rescue-of-the-heart-joel-wilson/1111887676?ean=9781477485781

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-thorium-endeavor-joel-wilson/1114668112?ean=9781482564426

Smashwords.com:
Rescue of the Heart (eBook)
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/275461

The Thorium Endeavor (eBook)
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/288612

No comments:

Post a Comment